General Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift
Company: HD Supply
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: September 17, 2023
If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full
potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply (powered by The
Home Depot) is ready for you!HD Supply Offers our Warehouse Team
- Competitive Pay
- Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
- 30+ Benefit Resources/Plans
- Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental,
- Up to 15 Days of Paid Time Off + Parental Leave Sick
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Marketplace Discounts: Perks at Work, Pet Insurance, Fit
- Wellness Programs: WW at Work/WW for Diabetes, Employee
Assistance Program, Go365, Tobacco Cessation
- Opportunities for Biannual Performance and/or Referral
- Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
- Prior experience working in multiple departments in a
- Previous experience operating material handling equipment.
- Ability to understand written material.Job SummaryWorks in
multiple departments within a distribution center, including case
pick, shipping, receiving, returns, loading, order processing, and
replenishment. Operates material handling equipment to move
inventory within the facility.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and
- Uses material handling equipment to locate and deliver
products, supplies, and equipment to designated areas.
- Assists with staging and loading orders into trucks for
- Verifies quantity and quality of incoming products from vendors
and distribution centers.
- Uses packing list information to collect items for customer
orders, including building and wrapping pallets of products.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear and defects and
notifies management of inventory issues.
- Returns misplaced products to proper storage areas.
- Maintains a clean working environment in accordance with
company safety policies.
- Performs inventory control functions as needed. Nature and
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required.Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility.Our Goals for Diversity,
Equity, and InclusionWe are committed to creating a culture that
promotes equity, respect, and advocacy for every HD Supply
associate. We value the diversity of our people.Equal Employment
OpportunityHD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HD Supply, Oak Park , General Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift, Professions , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!