HIM Technician, LEAD
Company: Pipeline Health
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Under general supervision of the Manager of Medical Records,
this position assists with the coordination of functions within the
Medical Records department including chart reconciliation, data
capture, analysis and record completion. Completes concurrent chart
reviews and abstracts clinical and quality data elements.
Aggregates data abstracted and reports findings to the appropriate
audience. Develops and maintains documentation audit elements and
adheres to requests for data manipulation. Serves as the primary
resource for the Horizon Patient Folder system. Responsibilities
will include but may not be limited to: monitoring the system,
troubleshooting issues, customer support to ensure on going
satisfaction to all users, building and supporting workflow,
managing document capture processes. Ensures proficient processes
are maintained in accordance with department policies and
procedures. Also participates in all software development testing,
user training, development of policies and procedures, and
understands the integration of all systems that affect department
operations. Job Duties
- Supervision of processes pertaining to chart preparation and
- Serves as the primary resource for the Horizon Patient Folder
- Performs departmental Quality Assurance studies on all
- Assists with building and supporting workflow, monitoring the
system, troubleshooting issues, and managing document capture
- Assists with recruitment, interview process, orientation and
- Serves as floater when employees are absent, on LOA, or when a
- Assists Manager with responsibilities for compliance of the
department with requirements and regulations for hospital
accreditation and licensure, and requirements for the preparations
and maintenance of records.
- *Uses various computer programs on a daily basis in inquiry
about patient information and chart location.
- Reviews, abstracts and examines concurrent clinical
- Retrieves data using concurrent chart review and manipulates
data using computer software.
- Presents statistical information abstracted to various
audiences including Administration, Medical Staff and Clinical
Leadership for quality improvement initiatives.
- Prepares periodic progress and monitoring reports on data
collection and clinical data quality.
- Calculates and monitors productivity of staff.
- Completes payroll reporting including labor stats.
- Performs scheduling of staff to ensure sufficient workload
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Qualifications -Minimum
2 Year College or Technical Training preferred. -RHIT or at least 5
Years HIM experience required -2-3 years related experience
including experience in a medical record environment -Experience
with HIM automated systems in a network environment a plus.
-Previous leadership and electronic medical record experience a
plus. West Suburban Medical Center and Pipeline Health Network
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training Job Type: Full-time Pay: From $19.00 per
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance Schedule:
- Monday to Friday Experience:
- Medical records: 4 years (Required)
- HIM: 5 years (Required) License/Certification:
- RHIT (Required) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Pipeline Health, Oak Park , HIM Technician, LEAD, Professions , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!