Sterile Processing Technician
Company: Hirebridge Organic
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job DescriptionJOB SUMMARYResponsibilities include ensuring all
supplies, surgical instruments, and surgical trays are prepared for
the operating rooms. Responsible for the timely delivery and pick
up of the supplies that are needed on the patient care units. JOB
- Follows hospital policy and manufacturer recommendation for the
collection, cleaning, and decontamination of soiled
- Assures quality of instrumentation by conducting visual
inspection and periodic testing of instruments for proper
- Identifies and assembles instrument trays as identified by tray
lists and physician preferences. Places instruments in an orderly
fashion on the tray. Labels trays with proper identification and
communication forms. Reports and communicates to SPD supervisor or
OR staff any missing items.
- Assures sterility of trays by proper placement of appropriate
indicators on the inside and outside of trays.
- Provides proper wrapping and packaging of individual
instruments to assure sterility. Correctly labels all packaging
with appropriate information as required by standards and
- Prepares sterilizer loads with appropriate clinical and
biological monitors as described in department policies and
procedures. Loads sterilizer rack to insure proper penetration of
all items with steam and heat. Verifies the parameters for
sterilization are met upon completion of the cycle.
- Reports any questionable monitor indicating a mechanical,
chemical, or biological malfunction to the supervisor.
- Distributes supplies to patient care units in a timely manner.
Picks up reusable supplies and equipment from the patient care
units. JOB QUALIFICATIONS1. High School Diploma or equivalent 2.
Computer literacy in word processing and data entry3. Must be
knowledgeable in the concepts of cleaning technologies and
processes normally acquired through 2-3 weeks of on the job
training on instrumentation and sterilization
Keywords: Hirebridge Organic, Oak Park , Sterile Processing Technician, Professions , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!