Seasonal: Guest Advocate, General Merchandise, Inb
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: November 14, 2022
Starting Hourly Rate / Salario por Hora Inicial: $16.00 USD
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us
create an experience that makes guests say "I love Target!" When
you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in
everyday life. Y ou're working alongside a dedicated team that
brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You d elight
our guests in all areas of the store ensuring each guest has an
enjoyable experience in our smallest format stores.
ALL ABOUT SMALL FORMATS
We enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring
product is in stock, available , accurately priced and signed on
the sales floor in our smallest format stores . Experts of service,
operations, process and efficiency. This team is responsible for
being proficient in all areas of the store to complete duties such
as, but not limited to, cashiering, stocking, presentation and
price accuracy. You'll provide exceptional guest service,
customizing each experience and anticipating their needs.
At Target , we believe in our team members having meaningful
experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Small Format Team Member can provide you with
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building
a guest first culture across the store
- Experience in retail business fundamentals: department sales
trends, pricing and promotion strate gies, inventory management,
process efficiency and improvement
- Experience supporting daily/weekly workload to support business
priorities and deliver on sales goals
As a Small Format Team Member , no two days are ever the same, but
a typical day will most likely include the following
- Greet and service guests as you complete workload with minimal
- Work in all department s to ensure sales floor is full, zoned
and in stock for guests
- Push and stock product to sales floor.
- Execute adjacency changes, transitions, revisions and sales
plans for all departments.
- Conduct weekly price chang e workload and ensure regular and
promotional signing is set accurately for all departments.
- Complete scans and system audit functions to ensure inventory
- Support execution of major transitions and ISM.
- Support guest services with cashiering, order pick up (OPU) and
Drive up (DU), where applicable.
- Accurately execute all pulls (i.e., daily autofills , CAFs, out
of stock, manuals and guest requests) and backstock product from
- Process all inbound deliveries ( using the receive application
) to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Complete all backroom daily and weekly audits
- Operate power equip ment only if certified.
- Maintain backroom organization and location accuracy and follow
- Follow processes accurately with attention to detail, monitor
own progress and accurately prioritize tasks.
- Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs
of the guest.
- D emonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and
- All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you
excited.... We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE
TARGET! excites you.... That's why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your
thing... That's the core of what we do.
- You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at
a computer all day... We are busy all day ( especially on the
weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help
teach you everything you need to know to be a Small Format Team
Member . But there are a few skills you should have from the
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step processes
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we
want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely,
including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays)
and regular attendance necessary.
- Seasonal Guest Advocate (Cashier)
- Seasonal General Merchandise
- Seasonal Inbound (Stocking)
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified
sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the
application process upon your request as required to comply with
applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in
this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or
Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at
1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Keywords: Target, Oak Park , Seasonal: Guest Advocate, General Merchandise, Inb, Other , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!