Sr Mgr, Entertainment Brand Solutions
Company: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: September 18, 2022
The Walt Disney Company s Media & Entertainment Distribution
(DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney
Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world
access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a
time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company s
direct-to-consumer streaming services - ESPN+, the Disney+
streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu - alongside
Disney s international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge
technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand
the Company s global footprint and deliver highly personalized
entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the
world.Disney Advertising Sales is seeking an experienced
professional to lead the business strategy and activation for
advertiser solutions tied to various areas of programming. Senior
Manager will be responsible for developing and activating
advertiser driven cross-platform brand solutions.At this time we
have vacancies on the following teams:
- News Vertical which includes Good Morning America, World News
with David Muir, Nightline, This Week with George Stephanopoulos
and other News Specials. This role is based in NYC and reports into
Director, Entertainment Brand Solutions.
- Freeform and ABC Networks. This role may based in Santa Monica,
CA or New York, NY and reports into Director, Entertainment Brand
SolutionsResponsibilitiesManage development and execution of
cross-platform (linear, digital, social, streaming etc.) solution:
- Idea generation and creation of pitch materials (RFPs and
- Responsible for idea generation - includes working with
programming producers to identify ideas.
- Responsible for creating all client-facing pitch materials that
detail (customized and market-wide) sponsorship opportunities
- Guide and build consensus among key stakeholders to obtain
approval on the ideas (Management, Legal, BS&P, PR, Business
Affairs, studios, producers, marketing, etc.)
- Attend client meetings to pitch ideas
- Facilitate deal negotiation (client, studio, producer,
- Will contribute to the development of streaming first
opportunities, as well as new models that drive revenue across all
of our content distribution points including linear, addressable
- Responsible for negotiation via sales (client, producer,
- Manage activation process for deals that sell-through:
timelines, approvals, production shoots, post-production, etc.)
- Lead kick-off calls
- Creative approval process
- Any/all shoot preparation
- Manage an on-set shoots - script delivery, client hosting,
problem solving, balance show and client creative needs etc.
- Responsible for ensuring project elements are delivering across
- Oversee all post production to ensure content launches
- All project related documentation: deal agreement letters,
budget management, billing, research etc.
- Oversee creation of deal recaps and research
- Identify and execute on new social innovations that drive
- Collaborate with the Entertainment Brand Solutions teams on
sales strategy and partnership packaging and positioning.
- Trains, provides guidance and leadership to team members.
- Accountable for success over all aspects of projects from
activation through completion.
- Assist and guide complex problem solving both in anticipation
and in real-time given the programming environment for which this
Senior Manager is responsible.
- Bring an innovative and entrepreneurial lens to the business to
ensure solutions are meeting marketplace demands and revenue
potential is maximized.
- Senior Manager will collaborate with Director on special
projects across and for the benefit of the broader team such as
revenue forecasting, tracking and reporting, process planning and
operational implementation against a variety of functions (e.g.,
social, billing etc.).
- Expected to bring forward and lead proactive ways to bring new
ideas, share leanings and drive consistent enablement across the
team. Serve as expert over a specialty content area:
- Helps drive strategy and the revenue performance of the ABC and
Freeform content area.
- Ambassador to Sales/Clients for the ABC and Freeform branded
content area and to creative community (internal & external) over
Sales goals/needs. Must have strong relationship skills to build
and foster producing partner alliances. Provide leadership and
direction to a team:
- Helps develop and execute department/division strategy and
objectives to team and specialty area(s).
- Oversee team organizational functions: paperwork budget
management, status reports, case studies, research, competitive
analysis, etc.Strategic proactive collaboration across the Disney
portfolio to create greater reach for clients and shows.Responsible
for creating and leveraging relationships at a senior level.Assist
in the development of new or innovative solutions around the ABC
and Freeform branded content area (cross platform, cross
portfolio).Implement an enterprise wide perspective into specific
team functions and objectives.Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum 6+ years of marketing, sponsorship, promotion, branded
entertainment and/or media at a network, cable, promotional/media
agency or entertainment studio
- Past experience managing one or more employees
- Past experience driving revenue across all platforms
- Independent decision maker and proven work solving complex
- Experience leading on-set shoots
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication
skills. Presentation and pitching experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills (especially in high stress
- Experience collaborating with senior level executives
- Proven leader with the desire to do whatever it takes and
thrives in a team culture
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings,
mornings, weekends and/or occasional travel
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment
- Expertise in project management/execution with multi-tasking
abilities and attention to detail
- Fully proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Keynote,
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work
Keywords: Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, Oak Park , Sr Mgr, Entertainment Brand Solutions, Other , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!