Associate Director of Dining Services
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Assists in the day to day operation of all food and beverage
operations at the community, by maintaining company
standards and meeting financial expectations of the department.
Assists the current Dining Services Director as
needed or performs the duties of the Dining Services Director in
- Assists in the supervision of preparation and cooking of food
as determined by standard recipes.
- Maintains a quality assurance program that guarantees residents
receive fresh, tasty, well-prepared meals
served promptly and politely.
- Develops well-balanced recipes and menus in collaboration with
chef and Dining Services Director.
- Maintains the resident request logbook and forwards these
request to the chef and Dining Services Director.
Remains knowledgeable of all menus and descriptions.
- Assists in maintaining food costs and ensuring budgetary
compliance. Assists in the purchasing all food and non-food
- Assists with the scheduling of all food service personnel to
maintain compliance with budgetary guidelines.
Assists with resident billing of food service charges. Assists in
the maintenance of all department logs and
ensures bookkeeping policies are followed.
- Assists in ensuring all food and beverage is stored, handled
and prepared under safe and sanitary conditions
as set forth by the company and the local, state and county health
- Acts as the facility's representative for any health department
of other required inspections; assures compliance, follows up to
assure any deficiencies are immediately corrected in the absence of
the Dining Services Director.
- Hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental
employees in accordance with company policies.
- Assists in ensuring all department training standards are met
and up to date.
- Supervises the daily operation of dining room(s) and room
service. Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and
properly with the Dining Room Manager. Ensures smooth and timely
opening of the dining room.
- Inspects side work to ensure completion and closes dining room
with the Dining Room Manager.
- Provides supervision for special functions in the absence of
the Dining Services Director. Assists appropriate staff to
coordinate special events.
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Oak Park , Associate Director of Dining Services, Other , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!