Location: Chicago, IL- US
The Senior Accountant performs various accounting tasks during
the monthly accounting close process, including related journal
entry preparation and balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany
reconciliations, and SOX documentation. This role will also support
other finance and accounting-related tasks as needed. This position
is based out of Chicago, IL.
- Perform monthly closings duties, including preparation of
standard journal entries and posting of journal entries in
- Prepare and review analyses to ensure that all balance sheet
accounts are properly reconciled with supporting
- Perform monthly intercompany confirmations and reconciliations
(including clearing related validations in HFM consolidation).
- Manage the intercompany netting process and related journal
- Support both internal and external audits.
- Manage the Capital Appropriation Request (CAR) system to
document approvals for six manufacturing locations across North
- Review and report monthly capital expenditures in actual,
budget, and forecast scenarios.
- Manage the freight accounting process and book all
freight-related journal entries.
- Perform variance and trend analysis and prepare monthly expense
- Maintain closing and financial reporting calendar.
- Participate in the annual budget process and monthly forecast
process as directed, including preparing analysis and performing
- Support Operations Finance close, budget and forecasting
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvements,
standardization, and automation.
- Ensure execution of all internal controls and documentation,
including assisting with annual physical inventory counts.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a finance or accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools
- SAP and HFM experience preferred.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control
principles including US GAPP and IFRS
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced
- Possess excellent leadership and organization skills, business
acumen and function well in a team-based environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 100% commitment to safety and safety improvements.
- Excellent professional communication both written and verbal
and interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems in a team-based
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Must be team oriented with good energy and initiative.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The position will primarily work in an office environment where
sitting for prolong periods of time and using a computer,
telephone, and other office electronics are critical. The position
will also need to lift up to 15 pounds on occasion.
Who We Are:
Trivium Packaging is a global leader in metal packaging with
more than 60 locations worldwide and employs close to 8,000 people.
Trivium serves a diverse range of customers in a variety of end
markets such as food, seafood, pet food, nutrition, beauty and
personal care, household care and premium beverages.
At Trivium, people are the driving force in all our successes by
bringing expertise and talent to help us stand out, achieving
excellence through their commitment and drive, and maintaining a
focus on continuous improvement in everything they do. Together,
our goal is to be the number one choice for customers seeking
sustainable metal packaging solutions.
Trivium Packaging is an Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected