Salesforce Engineering Manager
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: September 14, 2021
The Salesforce Engineering Manager is accountable for managing
and coordinating resources and processes to deliver software
releases of products, while participating in defining the strategy
for the product development team by driving initiatives that
deliver on the vision.
Manages a team of software engineers that architect and design
enterprise software products and operating systems. Writes product
requirement documents, implements, and tracks development
timelines, and negotiates feature sets with the development leads
and product teams. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts,
practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to
plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and
directs the work of others. The ideal candidate would be local to
the Chicago area, but will consider fully remote candidates.
- Work together with the product owner to plan and execute
projects, ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical
specifications, direction, and resources to deliver products
effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while
ensuring the projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- Work closely with the Product Owners for understanding the
system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead
team members to their optimum performance levels and career
- Design, execute, utilize, and maintain software engineering
- Supervise training and development of software engineering
- Supervise software engineering deliverables.
- Manages continuing support and provide system metrics for
client facing products.
- Help translation of business requirements into technical needs
- Supervise reporting responsibility for independent software
contractors, software engineers and outsourcing partners.
- Ensure software engineering personnel is suitably trained to
perform all job function and suitably use project and software
- BS or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in an engineering management role
- 3+ years participating in Agile
- Experience with test-driven development and software test
- Experience in Programming Languages
- Experience with Windows operating systems and shell
- Understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
- Understanding of cloud hosting and server availability behind a
load balancer and fire wall
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Familiar with the configuration management process in the
SDLC. Managing software release from development to QA to UAT
and Productions with the help of the deployment group
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management,
and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills; able to translate business
requirements into technical needs and actions
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
Keywords: Assurant, Oak Park , Salesforce Engineering Manager, Other , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!