Director Insurance Carrier Relationships
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: July 16, 2021
The Director for Insurance Carrier Relationships is responsible
for planning, organizing, leading, controlling, and coordinating
the team that provides day-to-day interaction with insurance
carriers. The Director’s primary objectives are to cultivate
and maintain carrier relations as it relates to outsourcing and
lender placed insurance.
- In consultation with superiors, peers, subordinate
managerial personnel, carriers’ representatives and their
management team to develop short and long-term goals that are
strategically aligned with the organization’s focus and
- Oversee the management of all aspects of existing carrier
relationships with the intent of maintaining the relationship in a
manner beneficial to Assurant and its
- Develops and cultivates a strong working relationship
with other functional areas within the company. Understand
their goals and objectives while balancing the priorities of all
parties involved in order to meet the business objectives. Creates
business cases and project plans to support the initiatives.
Leads implementation of approved migrations. Ensures there is
good communication and coordination with other functional
- Develops, secures approval of, and administers, an
operating budget for area(s) of responsibility. Ensures all
area(s) of responsibility’s projections and actual expenses meet
budgeted objectives. Assesses the short and long-term vendor
staffing needs to handle functions under management.
- Formulates procedures for carriers and secures
appropriate approvals. Develops and administers processes
necessary to implement approved procedures.
- Develops, approves, and (when necessary) secures approval
of policies designed to ensure the attainment of agreed upon goals
in accordance with approved plans for area(s) of
responsibility. Ensures the development of procedures
necessary to implement policy. Provides the overall direction
necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective area
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of an
effective organization for area(s) of responsibility, including; a)
efficient work flow patterns; b) established performance standards;
c) effective delineation of duties and responsibilities; d)
suitable staffing levels; e) appropriate management and
supervision; and f) systems for timely communication of pertinent
- Creates insurance carrier presentation materials,
insurance carrier presentations
- Serves as liaison with other organizational components;
establishes and maintains the working rapport necessary to develop
cooperation and effectively integrate area services into the
company’s overall business fulfillment system.
Location: This is a remote position
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business
Administration or related field is preferred.
Experience: 5 plus years of
progressively more responsible experience and engagement working
with homeowners insurance carriers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and planning ability.
- Ability to process complex time sensitive data and information
from multiple sources, make decisions and communicate actions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects,
concurrently. Has professional presence, polish,
and demeanor to engage with clients
- Has ability to build relationships and influence with
- Builds trust, respect and rapport through information exchange
and mutual problem solving
- Has ability to connect personally, demonstrate knowledge of
client’s business and communicate our value
- Creates profitable solutions
- Navigates effectively through Assurant’s organization and
utilizes tools, technologies and people to effectively deliver the
client business solutions
- Can drive change effectively
- Can deliver on results
- Set strategic vision
Insurance Carrier Expertise
- Has done in-depth research and analysis on the client and
competitors to know how to service the client
- Knows our company well enough to know how revenue is generated
for the client and ourselves
- Probes in a consultative way for understanding of client’s
needs and business drivers in order to create business
- Demonstrates knowledge of the client's business issues and
- Is a client-acknowledged subject matter expert
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team Player- has successfully demonstrated good business
judgment in client and internal engagements
- Is self-motivated
- Has drive and passion
- Inspires themselves and others
- Is persistent and resilient
- Maintains a positive mental attitude
- See no barriers so easily overcomes “barriers”
- Demonstrates comfortable confidents
- Must be able to work under deadlines, utilize analytical
thinking, creative thinking, working on multiple projects
simultaneously, making decisions based on incomplete
- Must work effectively with a wide variety of company functions
- Must perform duties under deadline pressure in a fast-paced,
high volume, office work environment.
- Takes appropriate steps to ensure that access to and use of the
protected information is limited to that needed to adequately
perform their job responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Must perform effectively when changes in priorities, direction
and resources occur.
- This position may come in contact with protected information on
an occasional or episodic basis. The nature of this job
requires the review of specific protected information for the
purposes of performing the accountabilities of this position.
- Can accept criticism from clients even when it is not
Keywords: Assurant, Oak Park , Director Insurance Carrier Relationships, Other , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!