Date Posted: 2020-09-08
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Platform Engr
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking an Associate ServiceNow Business
Analyst/Developer to join our team supporting major state & local
government customers. The Associate ServiceNow Business
Analyst/Developer will Participate on a team of ServiceNow
administrators, analysts and engineers in a highly professional,
service oriented environment supporting operations, maintenance and
development of SAIC and customer instances of ServiceNow.
This is a remote position where employees have the ability to
work from home.
Essential duties of this position include:
• Analysis of requests for enhancements to the system based on
evaluation of the business needs and alignment with system /
process best practices.
• Determine and document user requirements for business
processes and abide by those requirements for future projects
• Estimation of level of effort and schedule for work
• Collaboration with technical staff and non-technical staff
through solution iterations, and acceptance.
• Clearly and regularly communicate with management and
technical support colleagues
• Create direct channels of communication to software and
application developers that get the job done within required
• Implement a management plan for each project and hold regular
stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in
• Test and maintain software products to ensure strong
functionality and optimization
• Implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of various
ServiceNow modules such as Change Management, Incident Management,
Problem Management, Service Catalog, Configuration Management, and
• Service-Now configuration and customization including, but not
limited to: Client Scripts, UI policies, UI Actions, Script
Includes, Business Rules, workflow administration, report setup,
• Activation of new customers – typically fixed price / fixed
schedule projects that include data migration, integrations, system
configurations, development of service catalog and portal,
training, and go-live.
The Associate ServiceNow Business Analyst/Developer performs a
critical management role ensuring that the technology ServiceNow IT
support processes and workflows are working effectively, reliably,
and efficiently to meet service objectives and customer
expectations. This position offers the chance to improve the speed,
efficiency, and usability of IT services.
Background / Experience
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years’ experience working in
ServiceNow as an administrator or as a beginning ServiceNow
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Management
Information Systems, Computer Science or other related
• Experience developing in COTS or custom built software that
uses a relational database.
• Working knowledge of web applications, networks, protocols and
email (SMTP, POP3)
• Experience defining business requirements, analysis and design
of possible solutions, estimation of level of effort and hours
required to complete the work.
• Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
• Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of
both client and business
• Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as
• Strong attention to detail
• Detailed analytical abilities
• ITIL Foundations V3 Certificate or 2 or more years of ITIL and
related process experience
• Experience with Agile methodology and working on scrum
• Strong experience in user testing and project management
• Experience developing reports, dashboards, working with
reporting tools and concepts, (Crystal Reports, Business
• Experience with data migration, data management, developing
transform maps, and scripts for use in migrating data from excel
spreadsheets and databases, establishing successful data feeds.
• Experience with ServiceNow Service Catalog Development
• Experience with LDAP, MID Server configurations, Active
directory data feeds.
• Experience in designing and developing SOAP and RESTful Web
• Experience with Bootstrap and responsive web applications.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's
most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust
portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and
intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering,
IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and
emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our
own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative,
effective, and efficient solutions.
We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and
inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC
has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more
information, visit saic.com . For ongoing news, please visit our
newsroom . For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC . EOE