Company: Compass Group USA Inc
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: July 29, 2022
* We are hiring immediately for a full-time COOK position.
* Location: Rush Oak Park Hospital - 520 S. Maple, Oak Park, IL
60304 Note: online applications accepted only.
* Schedule: Full-time. Schedule may vary. More details upon
* Requirement: Basic culinary skills required. Healthcare
experience preferred, but not required. Willing to train the right
* Perks: Benefits offered after 90 days.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you
apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message
and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help.
Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Make a difference in the lives of people, your community, and
yourself. Join a culture of opportunity with Morrison Healthcare.
Our careers are filled with purpose and empower you to transform
Take a look for yourself at the Power of Food!
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition
services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806
hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food
to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their
cafs to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients.
Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health
systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional,
and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the
healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of
Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time
and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine
in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best
Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison
is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group
and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs,
and 21,000 professional food service team members.
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state
and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with
established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service
is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
* Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
* Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
* Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
* Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
* Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
* Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
* Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as
* Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the
* Attends in-service and safety meetings.
* Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
* Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits
* Retirement Plan
* Associate Shopping Program
* Health and Wellness Programs
* Discount Marketplace
* Identity Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
* Life Insurance/AD
* Disability Insurance
* Commuter Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1017935
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Food Service, Kitchen, Chef, Culinary, Hospitality
Keywords: Compass Group USA Inc, Oak Park , Cook (full-time), Hospitality & Tourism , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!