Amazon Fresh Prepared Foods Associate - Westmont, IL
Company: Amazon Physical Stores
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Pay Rate: $15.85/hr (paid weekly) Work Address: 30 W. 63rd
Street, Westmont, IL 60559 Position Type: This posting is hiring
Day Time roles.
Full-Time (30 or more hours per week) and Part-Time (20-29 hours
per week) If interested in Overnight or Flex roles please apply on
the job posting with Overnight or Flex in the job title.
DESCRIPTION Amazon Fresh is a new grocery store offering a seamless
grocery shopping experience. Customers will find a wide assortment
of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood. Our
culinary team offers customers a range of delicious prepared foods
made fresh in store, every day. Amazon Fresh stores use cutting
edge technology to make grocery shopping more convenient for
customers, including the Amazon Dash Cart and Just Walk Out
technology, allowing customers to skip the checkout line.
Amazon is ranked among the best workplaces in the world for several
reasons. Every day we strive to be Earth's Best Employer and most
customer centric company. Because of this, Fresh Associates strive
to create an easy and friendly shopping experience, acting as a
guide along a customer's grocery shopping adventure. If you have a
passion for putting a smile on someone's face through delicious
food, we've got the job for you!
As a Prepared Foods Cook, you get to delight customers by creating,
making and packaging tasty take home treats! Some responsibilities
Prepared Foods Associate
- Prepare fresh items such as pizza and cold salads according to
Amazon Fresh safety and quality guidelines.
- Ensure all prepared items are weighed, labeled, dated, packaged
and rotated according to Amazon Fresh standards
- Interact with customers in an energetic way by answering
questions, providing recommendations and sampling when
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 lbs.
- Shifts can be up to 10 hours, requiring associates to be on
their feet for the duration of their shift. Availability
- Dependent on role, most associates must be able to work
flexible hours including, weekends and holidays
Why You'll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits - including healthcare,
parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for
career advancement - all in a safe and inclusive environment that's
been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings
are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can
include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully Funded Opportunities: Up to an annual maximum benefit,
Amazon will pre-pay 100% of tuition for employees to pursue
everything from bachelor's degrees to certificates. Learn more
about Amazon Benefits and Culture
https://hiring.amazon.com/why-amazon/benefits#/ Note: The above job
description describes the essential responsibilities for the
position and is not a complete list of all required duties. As need
shifts throughout the store, associates could be asked to cross
train for other departments.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of customer service experience Amazon is committed to a
diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national
origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Keywords: Amazon Physical Stores, Oak Park , Amazon Fresh Prepared Foods Associate - Westmont, IL, Hospitality & Tourism , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!