Product Merchandiser - Full-time / Weekdays Only
Company: General Pet Supply
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: February 22, 2021
General Pet SupplyDescription:
Merchandiser Position OverviewMerchandiser is primarily responsible
for store set, placing orders to replenish inventory, receiving
inventory and merchandising of shelf space for our grocery
customers, as well as increasing sales.This position will have
responsibility for providing service to customers located in the
Chicago Metro & Southern Suburb areas including: Frankfort,
Bolingbrook, Naperville, North Aurora, Wheaton, Elmhurst, Oak Park,
West Loop, South Loop. Ideal candidate will be based within the
territory.About UsGeneral Pet Supply is a division of Central
Garden & Pet Company, a leading distribution company in the lawn
and garden, and pet supply industries. We are a dynamic,
growth-oriented distributor of pet food and supplies with
operations based throughout the Midwest.Merchandiser Essential Job
FunctionsVisit grocery customers to merchandise the customer's
order, dust and straighten the department and place customer's
order for next service date.Update store sets with new items and
seasonal products.Tag and price store pet departments.Sell and
merchandise displays and clip strips.Acquire more shelf/floor
space.Locate/identify new account leads.Communicate with store
managers to build relationships and promote the sale of shippers
and displays.Build product displays for customers on an as needed
basis, approximately one per month.Responsible for submitting
expense reports online to be approved by the Vice President of
Sales and Marketing for reimbursement.Regular attendance.Previous
knowledge of the pet supply industry is beneficial..
Merchandiser Qualifications / Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of previous grocery or merchandising experience.
- Knowledge and experience of setting a department.
- Excellent organization and communication (written and verbal)
skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Knowledge of computers and use of the Internet.
- Able to use and operate general office equipment including
10-key calculator, copy machine, fax machine, printer and
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of sales concepts
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, have tactfulness
and be diplomatic. Must be able to work well with all vendors,
customers and departments within the Company.
- Must be a self-starter, work with minimal supervision, flexible
and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Must possess valid Driver's License, current automobile
insurance and reliable transportation.
- A larger vehicle (SUV/Van) is required in order to carry and
delivery product, displays, etc to some locations.
- Able to travel as necessary and work overtime on short
- Position requires long periods of driving (up to 3-4
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis to
load/unload vehicle and stock store shelves.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
manner.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
any other characteristic protected by law.PM19 PI130617912
Keywords: General Pet Supply, Oak Park , Product Merchandiser - Full-time / Weekdays Only, Hospitality & Tourism , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!