Company: Rush Oak Park Hospital
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Welcome to RUSH!Department: Presidents OfficeWork Type:
Restricted Part Time (16 hours per week)Shift: Shift 1Work
Schedule: 8 HrGeneral Summary:The Associate Chief Medical Officer
has responsibility and accountability for administration within
Rush Oak Park Hospital (ROPH). Direct reporting is to the ROPH
Chief Medical Officer for operational matters with indirect
reporting to the system CMO for the Rush University System for
Health for system alignment.This position is responsible for the
efficient and effective administration for clinical services within
Rush Oak Park Hospital. The position is responsible for assuring a
collaborative partnership with the private practice physicians,
employed provider medical practice and corporate programs in Rush
Oak Park Hospital in ways that demonstrate support for the
corporation s mission and vision. The Associate Chief Medical
Officer models the Rush values, acts in accordance with Rush
policies and procedures, and holds others accountable for meeting
standards which may be informed by industry best practices, or may
be regulatory in nature. The Associate Chief Medical Officer will
also collaborate with the other system CMOs to align best practices
throughout the Rush University System for Health.Principal Duties
- Provides leadership, vision, a focus on performance excellence
- Quality and Safety
- Clinical Excellence
- Workplace Culture
- Patient, Visitor & Staff Experience
- Financial Results
- Champions system integration of Rush Oak Park Hospital and the
provider medical staff into the Rush University System for
- Provides leadership for implementation of an effective and
on-going program to monitor, evaluate, and improve the quality and
appropriateness of care delivered to patients.
- Assures a high-quality work environment for staff and
physicians and promotes a positive, collaborative culture with
other disciplines and functions in the corporation and Rush
University System for Health, including attention to regulatory and
compliance requirements associated with this oversight
- Assures the timely integration of best practices and guidelines
into the policies and procedures governing the provision of
services and care.
- Manage bed flow issues across patient areas and coordinates
care with appropriate administration.
- Working with management, coordinate various interdisciplinary
teams to execute the clinics policies, systems and agendas.
- Improving the delivery of patient care.
- Supervision of healthcare providers.
- Reviews results of patient satisfaction surveys and provides
timely review and response for patient complaints.
- Identify, evaluate, and address/resolve medical and clinical
concerns and issues.
- Developing, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures
regarding clinical care in coordination with the system, system
leadership and Risk Management to ensure that they are clinically
valid and consistent with current standards of care.
- Collaborates with the leadership, staff, and other
practitioners and consultants to help develop, implement and
evaluate care policies and procedures that reflect current
standards of practice.
- Partners with the medical group to identify, evaluate, and
address/resolve medical and clinical concerns and issues that:
affect patient and family experience, medical care or quality of
life; or are related to the provision of services by physicians and
other licensed health care practitioners.
- Responsible for maintaining utilization management and clinical
practice standards through the application of the organization s
- Actively participates and leads in discussions regarding the
resolution of problems related to quality of care, patient safety
issues and patient complaints/grievances arising at their
- Participates in continuous preparation for accreditation and
- Execute additional duties as assigned by Chief Medical
- Model and Champion for Rush Values
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Accountability represented through demonstration of success in
the primary areas of focus
- Ability to analyze and interpret quality data
- Leadership through collaboration and professional behavior
- Capacity to lead effective quality improvement
projectsQualifications1.10 15 years experience in progressively
more responsible healthcare leadership positions2.Medical Degree
(M.D./D.O. Required)3.Established reputation as a leader in
healthcare clinical management4.Based on the particular portfolio,
additional experience or academic credentials in key administrative
or clinical areas may be required.Disclaimer:The above is intended
to describe the general content of and requirements for the
performance of this job.It is not to be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Keywords: Rush Oak Park Hospital, Oak Park , Staff Physician, Healthcare , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!