Technician Specimen -Hospital
Company: Quest Diagnostics
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Technician Specimen -Hospital - -Oak Park, IL - Monday - Friday
- 10:00am-5:00pm*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be requiredKnow
that there are people behind the data. - Patients and Physicians
rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help
them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious
decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity,
tact and a clear dedication to service. It's about providing
clarity and hope. As a Specimen Processor you will work for the
world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand
your skills and knowledge. You'll have a role where you can act
with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care
about the work we do and the people we serve. At Quest, our
Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and
provide a critical service responding to the often pressured
requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique
opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term
stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary
and great overtime, while growing your own career.JOB SUMMARY:The
Hospital Specimen Preparation Technician (HSPT) -is responsible for
daily preparation of patient specimens from hospital clients. - The
HSPT must demonstrate a mastery of all functions of specimen
preparation for submission to multiple Quest Diagnostics
facilities, as well as Rapid Response Laboratories (RRL). - The
HSPT works with minimal direction under the Hospital Laboratory
Manager (Client), the Hospital Sales Team, with direct supervision
under Quest Diagnostics Field Operations. - Work is highly
independent. - The HSPT must exhibit a very strong proficiency in
test ordering policies and procedures, specimen requirements
related to test ordering, sample preparation, HIPPA -and other
legal and compliance requirements, and the company's Care 360
system. - This position requires -excellent communication and
collaboration skills in interacting with the client, sales team and
other functions within the organization, and must have the aptitude
to learn Hospital main frame systems. - The HSPT is required to
have an understanding of the commitment of Quest Diagnostics within
a hospital client environment and the ability to effectively
troubleshoot and problem solve client issues related to their area
of responsibility. - All functions must be performed with
confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. - This position is
critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since
many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the
part of the HSPT is required. The HSPT will be exposed to many
different demands made by the customer. - Majority of -HSPT work
-is on the day shift, but -flexibility is required for weekends,
holidays, on call and overtime based on client requirements. JOB
- Responsible for preparation of patient specimens for hospital
clients and pick up by couriers.
- Responsible for positive daily client interactions representing
Quest Diagnostics to the customer (face-to-face and/or
- Prepares and arranges all stat testing needs, researches
pending results, alerts Hospital IT to communication failures,
accept and troubleshoots incoming calls to the Hospital Lab from
Quest Diagnostics facilities. -
- Demonstrates excellent proficiency in test ordering policies,
procedures, specimen requirements for test ordering, sample
preparation, Care 360 and compliance/legal requirements.
- Trouble shoots and problem solves client issues related to area
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with the Hospital Lab
Manager, as well as the Quest Diagnostics sales team and other
functions in the organization. -
- Relays client concerns to Quest Diagnostics supervisor and
sales. Participates in sales/operations review of account. - -
- Communicates information regarding problem solving with
specimens, test cancellations, testing requirements, billing
requirements with various hospital staff, such as phlebotomy,
outpatient draw centers, laboratory managers, department
supervisors, Hospital IT Analyst, physicians, nurses and
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the
HSPT and develops an understanding of the company processes, as
well as the client expectations.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies
related to test ordering, with ability to research test ordering
information on translation tables, computer system, and the
directory of services.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn Hospital main frame systems as
it relates to preparation of hospital patient specimens.
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered
and specimen received.
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and
within the assigned timeframe
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned.JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously -
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Maintains composure while working under pressure.
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what
action to take when resolving problems.
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance
policies and procedures.
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to
change.Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalent
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology
applicable to a clinical laboratory.
- Previous laboratory, customer service or hospital experience
- Position requires demonstrated data entry skills to effectively
utilize both the Quest Diagnostics system and the hospital client
systems. - Must meet established data entry
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics, Oak Park , Technician Specimen -Hospital, Healthcare , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!