Vice President, Capital Markets
Company: Great Wolf Resorts
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Job Summary: -The Vice President, Capital Markets will be
responsible for the sourcing, origination, underwriting, and due
diligence associated with debt placements (senior, mezzanine, and
possible preferred equity transactions). The VP will be responsible
for reviewing lending agreement terms, property related documents
and third-party reports as well as creating ground up operating
cash flow models. The individual should be capable of independently
completing a full underwriting assignment with minimal guidance, as
well as supervising and reviewing the work of others in this
capacity. This position will require coordination across multiple
functions and with shareholder representatives.Key
- Establish and maintain relationships with lenders, brokers,
servicers, and due diligence providers as well as private equity
- Perform and oversee underwriting analysis on all loan products
including complex financial analysis as needed for development
projects and/or projects that may not involve financing.
- Lead Capital Markets deal team meetings and coordinate related
activities to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of prospective
loans and establish underwriting/closing timelines.
- Review of specialized documents such as ground leases,
regulatory agreements, franchise and management contracts or
operating agreements/leases to understand asset complexities and
model incentive streams.
- Analyze and evaluate complex ownership borrower structures
relative to legal and financial responsibilities and
- Resolve any distressed situations in need of work-out in order
to maximize value of investments and/or obtain waivers or other
allowances as necessary.
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by
- A strong knowledge of real estate markets; ideally with a focus
on the hospitality industry.
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and technical skills,
including the ability to analyze, underwrite and forecast property
cash flows and valuations with solid understanding of
- Ability to size and price loans with proper structural features
and negotiate term sheets and loan commitments.
- Successful track record and experience in the commercial
mortgage loan origination, due diligence, and loan
closing/negotiation processes including exposure to balance sheet
facilities such as construction and bridge loans as well as CMBS
- Team player who is organized, efficient, proactive,
conscientious and assumes accountability and responsibility for
specific performance and work product.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building skills, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
- Creative problem-solver with strong research skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret real estate market
data/trends and financial information.
- Able to leverage established relationships with capital markets
- Ability to independently and pro-actively interact with, and
gather data from borrowers, brokers, property managers, appraisers,
attorneys, and other real estate professionals.
- Knowledge of and experience with unsecured debt markets,
revolving credit facilities and rating agency relationship
management a plus.Qualifications:
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in analysis of
hospitality and commercial real estate, including duties such as
valuation and market analysis, property inspections, reviewing
financial statements, and sourcing and underwriting loan
- An undergraduate degree in a business-related field (i.e.
Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Business). Master's degree
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with experience
leading and directing people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
- Strong time-management skills and ability to operate under
- Ability to multitask and work on several transactions
- Ability to recognize and mitigate risk.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work both
independently and in a team environment.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Great Wolf Resorts, Oak Park , Vice President, Capital Markets, Executive , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!