Director, Digital Product Management & Design
Company: Great Wolf Resorts
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Summary: -The Director of Digital Product Management will be a
key partner to the VP of Digital at Great Wolf Resorts. This leader
will be responsible for overseeing digital guest experience both
online and in-property and manage a stellar team of Digital Product
Managers, User Experience & Design, and Content Management
functions. The successful candidate will bring strong knowledge of
planning and delivering great customer experiences across mobile
and desktop and will have a strong record of motivating product
teams to deliver on financial targets through e-commerce. -The
ideal candidate will also have a proven track record of innovation
having created or evolved a best-in-class, fully integrated,
digital capability within a complex company landscape that is
consumer-facing and customer-centric. -There are three main
components to this role:
- Define a great experience to guests on greatwolf.com and help
with discovery and booking a stay. This channel delivers a
significant portion of Great Wolf's overall revenues. The ideal
candidate will be highly results driven and will use a data driven
approach to constantly test and learn to operationally drive higher
revenues through a variety of levers using technology, UX,
creative, copy etc.
- Post-booking, use digital and technology tools to wow guests
through the entire lifecycle to ensure they have a fantastic
experience with their families. This is an evolving space across
the entire industry and the successful candidate will have a unique
opportunity to own, define and execute on a superlative guest
experience using a variety of evolving technologies.
- Enrich at lodge guest experience using mobile app, kiosks,
messaging, and other digital tools that enable them to seamlessly
check-in, order food, and navigate thru the choice of attractions &
events to help build their relationship and brand affinity with
Great Wolf.Responsibilities:Defining Products - Based on customer /
- Own long and short term product strategy, including product
plan with delivery date and milestones, to support the entire
customer journey and lifecycle: shopping/booking;
post-booking/pre-arrival; on-property; loyalty/LTV management.
- Periodic strategy / development updates for the company,
including the executive team and digital steering committee.
- Build reference POVs on new technology/concepts/channels that
would elevate digital channel revenue, experience, and/or service
- Develop and maintain product requirement documents, including
stories, documentation for third party integrations, CMS
documentation, and site functionality knowledge base
- Produce ROI of new product and experience opportunities, used
to drive priority and scale of development team (both internal and
- Give development team clear and concise information about
customer needs. Drive efficiency by removing the conversation
between business need and technology.
- A/B and Multivariate testing of new features. Determine most
profitable/efficient strategies by planning and prioritizing
ongoing test pipeline.
digital channels.Digital Operations
- Coordinate digital channel operations including content changes
and updates to ensure user experience best practices and deliver on
revenue and margin goals for the company.
- Use human centric design to standardize and evolve user
- Detailed competitive and market set analysis, including
competitive analysis, ensuring an accurate and non-biased picture
- Be the digital thought leader identifying industrial trends and
opportunities in to build the Great Wolf Digital vision and
- Ensure product superiority / parity.
- Customer research to determine critical features required for
- Surveys and customer interviews to rapidly and inexpensively
- Market research through secondary research sources such as
analyst firms and industry experts.
- Work directly with the Agency of record to understand offline
marketing initiatives and how digital channels can support campaign
goals.Liaison / Break Wall for Engineering
- Prevent "ideas" from capitalizing on tight tech resources - act
as a buffer between the field and development, ensuring that
development is working on the highest priority projects.
- Determine feature versus schedule tradeoffs.
- Make difficult feature decisions based on business need and
- Coordinate quality assurance process including diagnosis of
'bugs' between field and development/design.
- Coordinate maintenance items between field and
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related degree
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a relevant digital product
management leadership role
- Product, analytics, and UX experience with large scale,
responsive B2C site. Mobile app experience required.
- Strong analysis and process design skills. Good understanding
of user experience concepts.
- Strong understanding of the product development lifecycle,
particularly Agile product management. Experience bringing a new
product from concept to market and optimizing once live.Preferred
- MBA or Master's degree preferred
- Highly analytical and proficient with making smart data driven
decisions to scale business quickly
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Jira, LivePlans or Portfolio
(as well as other Atlassian products), and Foresee. Adobe
Experience Manager or other open source CMS experience a plus.
- Experience in driving digital experiences in physical
environments highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in prioritization, organization, and time management in
a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities
- Critical business analysis skills - ability to hone in on real
business impact and sorting through anecdotal reasoning,
comfortable working with analysts and quantitative analysisEqual
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Great Wolf Resorts, Oak Park , Director, Digital Product Management & Design, Executive , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!