Director of Nursing
Company: American House
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionIndustry leader, American House Senior Living
Communities, is seeking an experienced Director of Nursing to join
the teamCompetitive Compensation Excellent benefits, including:
Health / Vision / Dental, Life/ Accident Insurance, 401k with
match, PTOLocation: Oak Park, IL Director of Nursing Overview:Under
the direction of the Regional Director of Wellness, the Director of
Nursing is responsible for ensuring that the programs and services
delivered are consistent with American Houses philosophy of Senior
Living and the highest level of customer service provided for our
residents and communities, supporting their ongoing efforts to
maintain and increase occupancy and deliver an exceptional resident
experience, along with management of daily operations.Director of
- LPN required or RN preferred
- Degree in healthcare, gerontology, business or related field
- 2 years minimum experience in managing senior living residences
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements and manage a
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and compassion for older adults.
Director of Nursing Responsibilities:
- Director or Wellenss ensures the highest quality of customer
service is available for our residents.
- Create and maintain a high level of resident and employee
- Perform welcome orientation with new residents.
- Communicate the corporate mission, vision, values and goals to
all staff at the community
- Foster a sense of enthusiasm, self-worth and team spirit at the
- Update knowledge and industry trends to keep your Community in
the mainstream regarding services, amenities, and competition.
- Proficiency with software applications/programs/tools used by
- Responsible for preparing and submitting Monthly Executive
- Engage with department community Pillar Directors (i.e.
Culinary, Life Enrichment, and Wellness) on developing and
implementing new initiatives, ensuring accountability and adoption
of new changes at the community level, and providing feedback on
successes or challenges
- Assist in developing and achieving the operating budget.
- Maintain regulatory compliance where applicable.
- Be familiar with and practice the job duties listed in the
Executive Director Manual.
- Hire and supervise employees, ensuring adequate staffing.
- Monitor labor costs and hours and address concerns and action
plans with the community directors#a
Keywords: American House, Oak Park , Director of Nursing, Executive , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!