Sales Tax Accountant
Company: CSC Generation
Location: Oak Park
Posted on: June 25, 2022
CSC Generation Holdings family of brands is saving Retail. We
acquire store and catalog-based retailers, and transform them into
high performing, "digital first" brands. In just four years, we've
acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z
Gallerie, Direct Buy and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and
reaching $1.5B in revenue.The Tax Accountant, will focus on the
company's Indirect Tax team and will include audit defense, tax
computation, and return preparation, filing and payment. This role
will report to the Manager, Indirect Tax and prepare sales & use,
property tax, and various other indirect tax returns. There will be
significant interface with other areas of the tax department,
accounting, and throughout the organization. Additionally, this
role will provide advice, assistance, and support as needed across
the CSC Generation Holdings, Inc. team.Position Responsibilities
May Include, But Not Limited To:
- Analyze, prepare, and file US sales/use and Canadian GST/PST
indirect tax returns and miscellaneous business filings for state
and local taxing jurisdictions.
- Research applicable tax law with respect to specific issues and
provide advice and recommendation.
- Analyze and resolve notices and correspondence from various
state and local governments.
- Prepare month end sales & use tax JE's and account
- Respond to customer tax questions on billing and exemption
- Assist with tax audits, including preparation and analysis of
responses to document requests, and other correspondence.
- Ensures responsibilities are completed to include but are not
limited to performing tax research, completing day-to-day
responsibilities, projects execution, and related functionsRequired
- Broad general understanding of tax laws and financial
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to work
independently toward multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Computer literacy and accounting and tax software knowledge -
Avalara and SOVOS experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability and desire to
communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with others throughout the
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Strong written and verbal communication skillsWhat's in it for
- Unlimited paid time off
- Massive career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Casual/flexible work environment, no suit or ties
- 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and your birthday off
- Discount on our brands!These skills are typically acquired
through the completion of a bachelor's degree within Tax,
Accounting, Finance, or other related field; Combined with a
minimum of 3 to 5+ years of indirect tax/financial experience.
Keywords: CSC Generation, Oak Park , Sales Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Oak Park, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!